You can use a model like this, with a SSO portal app and a bunch of apps that
requires it:

When the portal itself is casually brought up, terminate itself. (method call
-[UIApplication _terminate], it is private but since your apps are in-house you
are not bind to the rules)
When an app that requires SSO is brought up, use a URL-based scheme to
switchover to the portal for credentials, and switch back to proceed operations.