ARC have more insertion points - beginning of scope retaining all passed-in
arguments or used objects, call point creating objects, and end of scope
(auto)releasing objects. A missed retain causes race issues, a missed
(auto)release leaks objects and an extra release makes dangling pointers,
possibly busts a lot later making it almost impossible to trace and debug.

Sent from my iPhone