I have a 10.7 app built on 10.9. I'm debugging on 10.9.

My main view has a splitView with two panes: a webview in one, and an
NSScrollView in the other.

When the app starts I programmatically move the divider to the right to hide
the right-hand pane and the enclosed NSScrollView.

When this happens I get this warning in the console:

“"Layout still needs update after calling -[NSScrollView layout]. NSScrollView
or one of its superclasses may have overridden -layout without calling super.
Or, something may have dirtied layout in the middle of updating it. Both are
programming errors in Cocoa Autolayout. The former is pretty likely to arise if
some pre-Cocoa Autolayout class had a method called layout, but it should be
fixed.”"

This only happens when the view is first loaded when the app starts. Switching
away to a new view, and back, is fine.

I think the problem is that the scroll view is still being drawn when I move
the splitView divider, causing the scrollview to be dirtied.

If I comment out the line that moves the divider I do not see the message.

FYI, I did not get the error when building / debugging on 10.8.

From Googling around the consensus seems to be that this is a bug in 10.9 and
can be ignored, but I don't like to leave my code with warnings so I am keen to
find a solution.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I’m assuming I need to move the code that
moves the divider to a point AFTER the view has been fully drawn, but I’m stuck
for the right way to do it.

Thanks

Darren.