On Nov 14, 2013, at 8:04 AM, Trygve Inda <cocoa...@xericdesign.com> wrote:

>> On Nov 14, 2013, at 12:54 AM, Trygve Inda <cocoa...@xericdesign.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a NSTableView backed by an NSArrayController.
>>>
>>> If I am editing a cell in a row in the tableview and call addObject on the
>>> NSArrayController (to add a new row to the tableview), my editing session
>>> for some other row is ended.
>>>
>>> addObject is called from an NSNotification method when some other event
>>> happens in the app the requires a row be added to the table.
>>>
>>> How can I prevent the edit session from ending.?
>>
>> In the docs, - (BOOL)selectionShouldChangeInTableView:(NSTableView
>> *)aTableView is used for this purposeā€¦
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Keary Suska
>> Esoteritech, Inc.
>>

> Note that when the new row is added, the selection does not change, but the
> editing of the cell is forced to end. The selection changes from a blue
> highlight to a grey one.

This is not because you are adding a row per se, but because the action is
changing the first responder. If you don't want to allow changing the first
responder you will need to subclass (the table view, cell, or window) to refuse
to resign first responder status under the desired conditions.

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.