On Nov 20, 2013, at 13:50 , Quincey Morris
<quinceymor...@rivergatesoftware.com> wrote:

> But it’s still coming out with the wrong view class.

OK, this just took a left turn and went to Weirdland. This was the relevant
code:

>       NSTableCellView* view = [outlineView makeViewWithIdentifier:
> column.identifier owner: self];
>       if (!view)
>               return nil;

and I was stopping at a breakpoint on the ‘if’ statement. It turns out that
‘makeViewWithIdentifier:’ *was* returning a NSTableCellView, but lldb was lying
to me — and *not* in the variables pane where lying seems to happen a lot..

Specifically, ‘po view’ displays the address of (apparently) some vanilla
NSView, but not the address that was just returned. The variables pane shows
the ‘view’ local variable with a different and (apparently) correct address.

If I rename ‘view’ to ‘theView’, then lldb’s ‘po' doesn’t lie to me. If I
rename it back to ‘view’, it lies again.