On 26 Nov 2013, at 15:51, Roland King <r...@rols.org> wrote:

> Until then, re-designing that one screen for the mini and letting it scale up
> for the normal iPad worked very well, so perhaps Apple were right in the
> first place, one iPad size does fit all, just not the size I started with.

I think following the HIG specifications for size really helps here, when
there’s nothing smaller than the smallest suggested sizes, they do translate
fairly well. But if you have really busy UIs with smaller controls than the HIG
recommends, than designing “for the Mini first” should help prevent and
elucidate such cases.

👍