On Tue, Nov 26, 2013, at 09:37 AM, koko wrote:

> On Nov 26, 2013, at 10:26 AM, Kyle Sluder <k...@ksluder.com> wrote:
>
> > Error 2 is ENOENT. The path you passed to -setLaunchPath: does not exist.
> >

> Not possible as
>
> [task setLaunchPath:rootScriptPath];
>
> where rootScriptPath is NSString *rootScriptPath = [[NSBundle mainBundle]
> pathForResource:@"DeleteHiddenRoot" ofType:nil];

Well, you never actually proved that this method returns something other
than nil. But we'll assume you verified that even passing a hardcoded,
known-good path to -setLaunchPath: causes the same symptoms.

> so do you know if Mavericks disallows NSTask access to the App Bundle?

Perhaps.

Starting in Mavericks, all the binaries within a signed bundle must be
themselves signed before the bundle is signed, because their signatures
form part of the bundle's designated requirement. I've only seen this
discussed in the context of frameworks, but I would not be surprised if
it also applied to scripts or other tasks launched via posix_spawn.

For more details, see Craig Hockenberry's blog post:
http://furbo.org/2013/10/17/code-signing-and-mavericks/

--Kyle Sluder