Thank you, Quincey.  Yes, it makes sense that an outlet would not be KVO
compliant, and I don’t want to mess around with their magic memory management,
so I’ll just stick with the solution I have (using manual bindings).

I’d never worried about requiring the path components returned in
+keyPathsForValuesAffecting<Foo> to be KVO compliant, but thinking about it for
a minute, this requirement makes sense.