On Dec 12, 2013, at 21:11 , Maxthon Chan <xcvi...@me.com> wrote:

> If you run a stock iOS 6 app on iOS 7 you get most of the UI in iOS 6 style.
> As what I said, UIAlertView is not in your app but SpringBoard.app so that
> will still get the iOS 7 look, for SpringBoard.app is linked against iOS 7
> SDK.
>
> If you are styling iOS 6 app in the fashion of iOS 7 app you can, if you
> don’t mind all the code in doing this. You can use appearance proxy to change
> the look of almost all UI elements to make it look like iOS 7. I have an
> previous app doing this and it looked convincing.
>
> Also, you can do the reverse and draw iOS 6 styled UI elements while linking
> against iOS 7 SDK, but that is yet another can of work.

I'm not interested in doing a lot of work, and in case it wasn't evident from
my original post, I'd like to avoid the iOS 7 look wherever possible. Since I
was assuming Hangouts was surely submitted linked against the iOS 7 SDK, I
wanted to know if they just did the work or there was a nice easy way to get
the better-looking iOS 6 keyboard.

I'm surprised Google is still building against iOS 6, but that seems to be
what's going on.

BTW, the cut/copy/paste menu that appears in Hangouts is iOS 7-styled.

--
Rick