On 18 Dec 2013, at 21:46, Sean McBride <s...@rogue-research.com> wrote:
> Wait, what?  You're saying a CALayer's delegate can't be its parent NSView?
> Why?  Where does it say that?  I've been doing that for years without
> apparent problem.  I'd be interested to hear more…

 It broke with 10.9 at the latest. From then on, NSView drawing code implements
-drawLayer:inContext:, which breaks any use of the ‘content’ property of a
CALayer whose delegate is a view. I don’t have any documentation, but the fact
is it simply doesn’t work anymore in certain cases, which is an obvious sign
Apple doesn’t expect you to do this. To be safe (not to mention avoid the
obvious code smell of making a view a controller), use a separate object as the
delegate.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
“The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere...”
http://zathras.de