On Dec 22, 2013, at 11:31 AM, Trygve Inda <cocoa...@xericdesign.com> wrote:

[Quotes the documentation that says -[NSArray firstObject] is available since
Mac OS 10.6.]

> This seems to be an error in the docs as the method does not seem to exist
> for me.

I didn't see the method at all in the docs until I drew upon a very recent
version of the documentation, and I see what you see.

On Dec 22, 2013, at 11:46 AM, Michael Starke
<michael.sta...@hicknhack-software.com> wrote:

> It's been a private API until 10.9 and iOS 7. Clearly a documentation error.

That's not what NSArray.h says…

- (id)firstObject NS_AVAILABLE(10_6, 4_0);

… and that's closer to what I remember. Perhaps it was private at the time the
10.6 SDK was first published, but made available retroactively later.

But you should be able to find it in the SDK — what version are you building
against?

        — F

--
Xcode 5 Start to Finish — due in stores in April