Hi Jens,

Now I developed UI application to perform the iTunes preferences changes.

I installed my application on Mountain Lion.when I upgraded OS version from
Mountain Lion to Mavericks 10.9.1 my application freezes.
And I took Sampling process in Activity monitor. Below is the output.

-------------
Sort by top of stack, same collapsed (when >= 5):
        __psynch_cvwait  (in libsystem_kernel.dylib)        6169
        __workq_kernreturn  (in libsystem_kernel.dylib)        5609
        mach_msg_trap  (in libsystem_kernel.dylib)        3181
        kevent64  (in libsystem_kernel.dylib)        1565
        __recvfrom  (in libsystem_kernel.dylib)        722
        start_wqthread  (in libsystem_pthread.dylib)        82
        __psynch_mutexwait  (in libsystem_kernel.dylib)        77
        objc_msgSend  (in libobjc.A.dylib)        51
        CFRelease  (in CoreFoundation)        29
        szone_free  (in libsystem_malloc.dylib)        28
        tiny_malloc_from_free_list  (in libsystem_malloc.dylib)        28
        _kernelrpc_mach_port_insert_member_trap  (in
libsystem_kernel.dylib)        17
        szone_malloc_should_clear  (in libsystem_malloc.dylib)        16
        OSSpinLockLock  (in libsystem_platform.dylib)        15
        pthread_threadid_np  (in libsystem_pthread.dylib)        15
        __psynch_mutexdrop  (in libsystem_kernel.dylib)        14
        bool objc::DenseMapBase<objc::DenseMap<objc_object*, unsigned long,
true, objc::DenseMapInfo<objc_object*> >, objc_object*, unsigned long,
objc::DenseMapInfo<objc_object*>,
true>::LookupBucketFor<objc_object*>(objc_object* const&,
std::__1::pair<objc_object*, unsigned long> const*&) const  (in
libobjc.A.dylib)        14
        szone_free_definite_size  (in libsystem_malloc.dylib)        14
        __mtx_droplock  (in libsystem_pthread.dylib)        13
        CFRetain  (in CoreFoundation)        12
        OSAtomicCompareAndSwap32Barrier$VARIANT$mp  (in
libsystem_platform.dylib)        12
        __CFBasicHashDrain  (in CoreFoundation)        12
        szone_size  (in libsystem_malloc.dylib)        12
        CFBasicHashGetCountOfKey  (in CoreFoundation)        11
        CFEqual  (in CoreFoundation)        11
        mk_timer_arm  (in libsystem_kernel.dylib)        11
        syscall_thread_switch  (in libsystem_kernel.dylib)        11
        OSAtomicCompareAndSwap64Barrier$VARIANT$mp  (in
libsystem_platform.dylib)        10
        __CFStringHash  (in CoreFoundation)        9
        _platform_memmove$VARIANT$sse42  (in
libsystem_platform.dylib)        9
        _pthread_mutex_check_init  (in libsystem_pthread.dylib)        9
        tiny_free_list_add_ptr  (in libsystem_malloc.dylib)        9
        CFBasicHashCreateCopy  (in CoreFoundation)        8
        _Block_copy_internal  (in libsystem_blocks.dylib)        8
        _pthread_mutex_lock  (in libsystem_pthread.dylib)        8
        CFAllocatorDeallocate  (in CoreFoundation)        7
        CFBasicHashAddValue  (in CoreFoundation)        7
        CFGetAllocator  (in CoreFoundation)        7
        _OSSpinLockLockSlow  (in libsystem_platform.dylib)        7
        _platform_bzero$VARIANT$sse42  (in libsystem_platform.dylib)
7
        stat$INODE64  (in libsystem_kernel.dylib)        7
        CFBasicHashFindBucket  (in CoreFoundation)        6
        WTF::fastMalloc(unsigned long)  (in JavaScriptCore)        6
        _CFRetain  (in CoreFoundation)        6
        _CFRuntimeCreateInstance  (in CoreFoundation)        6
        __CFStringEncodeByteStream  (in CoreFoundation)        6
        __commpage_gettimeofday  (in libsystem_kernel.dylib)        6
        objc_clear_deallocating  (in libobjc.A.dylib)        6
        CFHash  (in CoreFoundation)        5
        OSSpinLockUnlock  (in libsystem_platform.dylib)        5
        WTF::fastFree(void*)  (in JavaScriptCore)        5
        _CFURLInitWithURLString  (in CoreFoundation)        5
        __getpid  (in libsystem_kernel.dylib)        5
        get_tiny_previous_free_msize  (in libsystem_malloc.dylib)        5
        pthread_mutex_unlock  (in libsystem_pthread.dylib)        5
---------

If  I uninstall my application and reinstall again then no problem.But Why
My application is freezing after upgrade from mountain lion to mavericks
10.9.1

*?.*

*And there was no problem when I upgraded My MacBookPro from Mountain Lion
to Mavericks 10.9 version.*

Thanks and Regards,
Madhavi G.