On 1/13/14 9:13 PM, Kyle Sluder wrote:
But it's just generally a bad practice to violate the framework's stated
assumptions. -updateChangeCount: manages a change counter, not a "force
saving" flag. There's a very clear way to implement a "force saving"
flag that fits within the framework design. The existence of that option
should be entirely sufficient to discount all other approaches.

I can't see any of that in the relevant of the documentation (that I have seen, I'm probably overlooking something) of the UIDocument.

-updateChangeCount:
Calling this method can affect the value returned by hasUnsavedChanges. You should not need to call method this if you access an NSUndoManager object from the undoManager property (or assign a custom one to it) and register changes with the undo manager.

Telling from this that it's a violation using it if you're already using NSUndoManager just doesn't get across at all (to me anyway). It also doesn't say so in the Change Tracking section in the overview.

Could you point me to the portion I'm missing?

Regards
Markus