On Jan 14, 2014, at 11:20 , Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org> wrote:

>    MyCell *cell = [tableView dequeueReusableCellWithIdentifier:@"MyCell"];
>
> I then setup the cell
>
>    cell.myLabel.text = @"test";
>    cell.myLabel.textColor = [UIColor blackColor];
>
> and resize the label to use the proper space for the content
>
>    [cell.myLabel sizeToFit];

The size of the cell you get from dequeueReusableCellWithIdentifier is
meaningless until the cell gets added to the table view, which doesn’t happen
until you return the cell from the delegate method you’re in.

One solution is to manually resize the cell (you probably care only about the
width?) before returning it. Another is to resize the label later, after the
cell is added to the table. (IIRC, the delegate method
‘tableView:willDisplayCell:forRowAtIndexPath:; was where I did it.) Yet another
is to use auto layout to resize the label.