We have a menu item whose key equiv is shift-delete (backspace, not forward
delete). Typing that key does not even call the menu's performKeyEquivalent
method. How can we get this to work like it should?

BTW, I've already noticed that when you set the key equiv in IB, it sets it to
8 (Unicode backspace), but when you type that key, the character in the event
is 127 (Unicode delete). Is that the problem? The OS just doesn't know how to
map it correctly? I had to remap 127 to 8 in our NSMenu subclass'
performKeyEquivalent method in order to get command-delete to work.

I've also tried programmatically changing the item's key equiv from 0x08 to
0x7f after installing the menu and that didn't help.

--
Steve Mills
office: 952-818-3871