Mike, thanks for the observations … I now understand the process and yes "you
could first generate more bookmarks for each of the files inside the directory,
but that seems a weird thing to do” , I had not realized that and I assume this
to be true, once -startAccessingSecurityScopedResource is called access is
granted to the resource until -stopAccessingSecurityScopedResource.

So thanks for looking in … !

-koko