On Jan 22, 2014, at 16:54 , Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:

> In my app, tapping on a UITableViewCell turns it gray. In the Settings app,
> it's blue. Is this just another instance of the Settings app using
> non-standard (and better-looking) UITableViews?

Oddly, on my iPhone 4, it’s gray in Settings, but on my iPad Air, it’s blue in
settings.

According to the documentation, the old gray/blue settings shouldn’t be used
any more — use “default” instead. I guess the old settings stay for source-code
compatibility with old code.

It’s *possible* that “default” means gray unless there’s some contextual tint
setting somewhere, and then means the tint color. Or perhaps Settings is
inadvertently using the old value.

IDK why IB does what IB does (nobody does). So follow the documentation and use
“default”.