Should it ever be possible for there to be a mismatch between -viewWillAppear:
and -viewDidDisappear:? I suppose it is possible, since the docs say the Appear
methods aren't called in a popover in some circumstances (which I think is
really bad).

But, in my experience, they are indeed usually called, except in one
circumstance when certain user events come during an animation.

The end result is that I'm not able to reliably add and then remove
KVObservers, because the viewDidDisappear: call is not happening.

--
Rick