Il giorno 09/feb/2014, alle ore 23:33, SevenBits <sevenbitst...@gmail.com> ha
scritto:

> I’m looking to add encryption support to an application I’m developing. I
> know that OS X includes a number of libraries and frameworks dedicated to
> encryption (such as Security.framework and OpenSSL) but I’m not sure whether
> I should use them as opposed to a different library like Crypto++.
>
> The idea of what I’m trying to do is create some simple encrypted files on
> the user’s hard drive to hold secret/confidential user data related to my
> application. The end goal of this is to ship to the Mac App Store (I’m
> prepared to deal with export compliance), so something that would break
> sandboxing is a no-go.
>
> I’d like to be able to interface relatively easily with Cocoa/Objective-C so
> I don’t need to undergo writing lots of low-level C code, and I also don’t
> want to mix Objective-C and C++. What is the recommended best practice for
> this situation, and what have you guys done when you needed to do things like
> this?

I successfully used RNCryptor for an easy (and relatively safe) path to
encryption of small files in obj-c: https://github.com/RNCryptor/RNCryptor the
framework seems to be very popular, that’s probably a good sign. :)

---
Giacomo Tufano
http://www.ilTofa.com/

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. (S.
Beckett)