On Wed, Feb 12, 2014, at 03:44 PM, Graham Cox wrote:

> On 13 Feb 2014, at 10:00 am, Kyle Sluder <k...@ksluder.com> wrote:
>
> > NSSharingService is not extensible.
>
> It's not? What's this for then?
>
> - initWithTitle:image:alternateImage:handler:
>
> Creates a custom sharing service object.
>
> Admittedly it doesn't get you much - you have to write the handler that
> actually interacts with the service, but it says it allows it to be added
> to the standard sharing services panel.

You're right, this does let you add a custom sharing service within your
own app. I was thinking about vending a sharing service to other apps.

If everyone takes the Facebook route bundles their own version of a
Youtube SDK, then that at least puts the "Share to Youtube" button in a
known place. But it would be much better if the user could install a
Youtube app and have the "Share to Youtube" button appear _everywhere_.
But right now that isn't supported.

"Everyone bundles the SDK" just mimics the terrible situation we have on
iOS right now.

--Kyle Sluder