The fetched results controller needs to be able to do its sorting in the
database (assuming a SQLite store). The section keypath itself doesn't
necessarily need to be a persistent property, as long as its values match
the ordering of the sort descriptors. (For instance: a table that sections
the results by day might have a transient property that calculates the day
from the date, but actually sorts the results by the persistent date
property.)

Sixten