I’m considering making use of the Finder Tags functionality in Mavericks but
the APIs seem a little sparse.

I want to create a UI with a field like the Tags: field on the Save As dialog
so I can ask the user “Which tags do you want to use on files of this purpose?”
This would not be at the point of saving the file, but in an application
preference. (My application never opens or saves files; it is a file manager
that just moves them around, so I don’t have a Save dialog.)

How can I ask the user to specify a tag, or set of tags, to use?

Ideally I would like to create new Tag string of my own (e.g. “MyApp To Do
List”) but I can’t see any tag management API in NSWorkspace. Is it possible to
do that, or even to enumerate what Tags are available and what colors they use?

Thanks

— Ben