On 31 March 2014 01:29, Jerry Krinock <je...@ieee.org> wrote:

> Question: You do some initialization, adding observers for example, in
> -awakeFromInsert and -awakeFromFetch, and you tear down these
> initializations, removing observers for example, in -willTurnIntoFault.  Do
> you need to do anything in -awakeFromSnapshotEvents: ?

I don't start observers in -awakeFromInsert or -awakeFromFetch. I start
them on demand, and in -awakeFromSnapshotEvents: with
NSSnapshotEventUndoDeletion
(I ignore the other flags). I think the best place to start observers
depends on how the objects are used.

I stop some observers in -willTurnIntoFault, and others before that. It
depends on when I know that I no longer need the them.

/Dado