On Apr 1, 2014, at 2:19 PM, Alexander Reichstadt <l...@mac.com> wrote:

> It always seems to involve the main window. The trace is not very helpful as
> it crashes outside the app's own code. The last calls that I can see in the
> debugger are sometimes [NSApplication updateWindows], other times it's
> [NSWindow becomeKeyWindow].

Maybe the actual crash is on a background thread, and you’re just seeing what
the main thread was doing at that moment? Have you checked all the threads in
the crash log?

Also, have you tried turning the various memory-management diagnostics
(scribble, zombies, etc.) from the Diagnostics tab of the scheme editor?

—Jens