On Apr 2, 2014, at 4:34 PM, Roland King <r...@rols.org> wrote:

> That sent me into the documentation to find that indeed there *is* a selected
> object property on NSArrayController, but it's a *property* not a binding.

Note that the selection property value is a proxy which can represent a single
object, multiple objects, no object, etc. So don't expect it to be a single
instance of your class.

> But there's more. That diagram also shows how the selected weapon flows back
> to the Combatant (thus meaning a combatant can only have one selected weapon
> :) ). That binds the property selection.selectedWeapon to a binding called ..
> selectedObject. Where is that binding? I checked the documentation and can
> find that on pop up buttons and matrices but not on a table view nor an
> NSArrayController.

The weapon control is a popup, not a table view. It's showing the
selectedObject binding of the NSPopUpButton.

> That example states it's IB-only, no code required, is it just out of date?
> If it is, is there a way one could use bindings to accomplish what it's doing
> there, binding the selected object in a detail array directly back to a
> property on the selected object in the master?

It's valid as is.

The popup items are the weapons the combatant has (obtained via the first array
controller's selection.weapons path), and then the selected item in that popup
is determined by binding to the combatant's selectedWeapon (via the first
controller's selection.selectedWeapon path)

--
Seth Willits