I've got an NSArrayController bound to the selection of an NSTreeController.
The UI is an outline table showing a hierarchy of Groups and Parts. If a Group
is selected, another table shows the Parts in the Group.

The problem is that if you select a Part in the outline view, an exception is
thrown because the children property of Group doesn't exist on Part, and the
table view content doesn't change.

A couple of ways to solve this:

1) Only show the Group hierarchy in the outline view. Is there an easy way to
do this easily? The children property of Group contains both Groups and Parts.
I'd only want to show Group entities, not parts. Is there any way to filter the
children by Entity type? Or will I have to change my object graph with a
"subGroups" property?

2) KVO the selection and update the table view's array controller with code.

I think I prefer (1), but if you have other suggestions, please feel free to
suggest them. Thanks!

--
Rick