On Apr 8, 2014, at 6:16 AM, Steve Christensen <puns...@mac.com> wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2014, at 9:32 PM, Michael de Haan <m...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> It still however leaves me puzzled as to why I cannot implement Swipe to
>> delete. (the 2 usual suspects), ie
>>
>> -(BOOL)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView canEditRowAtIndexPath:(NSIndexPath
>> *)indexPath;
>> -(void)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView
>> commitEditingStyle:(UITableViewCellEditingStyle)editingStyle
>> forRowAtIndexPath:(NSIndexPath *)indexPath
>>
>> are implemented.
>
> I realize that this will come across as a “is it plugged in?” sort of
> question, but have you put a breakpoint, or added a NSLog(), to each of those
> methods to see if they’re actually being called? And if
> -tableView:canEditRowAtIndexPath: is being called, are there any cases where
> you return NO?

Turns out that the issue seems to revolve around the property of the
UITableView  "allowsMultipleSelectionDuringEditing", which has to be "NO" for
swipe-to-Delete and "YES" for batch deletions, each being exclusive of the
other.

So, in the end, I set the appropriate value (YES) in the edit mode for batch
deletions, then back to the baseline value ("NO") for swipe-to-delete.

Thank you all again.