> On 20 Apr 2014, at 19:58, Trygve Inda <cocoa...@xericdesign.com> wrote:
>
>> I return YES from
>>
>> canAsynchronouslyWriteToURL:ofType:forSaveOperation:
>>
>> Which works fine, but the user is able to quit the app while the save is in
>> progress. Is there way way to know when the save is complete so that I can
>> prevent quit before the save ends?
>
> If you play by NSDocument’s rules, the won’t actually terminate until saving
> is finished. How have you determined that this is not the case for your app?
> Is your save process doing anything weird?

If I start a save and quit immediately, the file is not written. In my
Document class I override:

-(NSFileWrapper *)fileWrapperOfType:(NSString *)typeName error:(NSError
**)outError
{
  if ([self documentFileWrapper] == nil)
    [self setDocumentFileWrapper:[self createPackageDirectoryStructure]];

  [self unblockUserInteraction];
  return documentFileWrapper;
}

-(BOOL)canAsynchronouslyWriteToURL:(NSURL *)url ofType:(NSString *)typeName
forSaveOperation:(NSSaveOperationType)saveOperation
{
   return YES;