On May 21, 2014, at 8:34 AM, Kyle Sluder <k...@ksluder.com> wrote:

>> On May 20, 2014, at 6:33 PM, Eric Schlegel <eri...@apple.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On May 20, 2014, at 5:06 PM, Lee Ann Rucker <lruc...@vmware.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The setFrame issue might be an Apple bug which we reported but I don't have
>>> the rdar handy - it's applying the constraints as if there was a menu
>>> there, and there *is*, but it slides down as needed and should not prevent
>>> windows going into that area.
>>
>> We fixed that one for the next major OS X release (and it only applies to
>> apps that are linked against the 10.8 SDK or earlier; if you link against
>> the 10.9 SDK, you won’t see it).
>
> To clarify: this bug still exists in the currently-shipping OS?

Correct. There is a compatibility path in AppKit for apps that position and
size windows on secondary screens to match the entire frame of the screen: we
adjust the window frame size to leave room for the menubar. The problem is that
we do this for fullscreen windows too, so in some cases fullscreen windows on
secondary screens will be sized to leave room for a menubar. This issue only
affects apps that were linked on SDKs earlier than 10.9.

-eric