Hey everyone, my day-job project that I’ve been toiling on for three years(!)
has finally gone 1.0.
        http://www.couchbase.com/mobile
        http://developer.couchbase.com/mobile/
        https://github.com/couchbase/couchbase-lite-ios

In my own non-marketing speak: Couchbase Lite is an open-source framework for
iOS and OS X (and Android and soon .NET) that provides a JSON-based local
database engine with really advanced data sync / replication capabilities. It
lets you store all the relevant data locally, so your app can work while
offline, then sync changes to/from a server when the network’s available. The
server-side component supports databases shared between any number of users so
you can build multi-user and social apps. The sync protocols are REST-based and
open, and interoperate with CouchDB and Cloudant.

- It’s kind of like Core Data with iCloud sync, except multi-user and
multi-platform and the server isn’t a black box.
- It’s kind of like Parse, except with more robust offline support, and you can
use your own server instead of Facebook’s (or go P2P!)
- It’s kind of like the great offline/sync capabilities of apps like Things or
The Hit List, except you don’t have to spend person-years of your own
development time figuring out how to make it work reliably. (We already did
that for you :-p)

Sorry about the blurbing! I hope I’ve accumulated enough karma here to make
this lapse forgivable :)

—Jens

PS: Oh, also, I have to give a shout out to the great libraries like FMDB and
CocoaHTTPServer that I’ve leaned on. W00t!