> A string is a string - the user's input will have the ratioValue property
> available.
>
> Up to you to sanity check the user input of course.
>
> Kirk Kerekes
> (iPhone)
>
> On May 30, 2014, at 4:56 PM, Trygve Inda <cocoa...@xericdesign.com> wrote:
>
>>> Create a property-styled category on NSString that returns the numeric value
>>> of a ratio-string -- call it "ratioValue" perhaps. Then you can have a
>>> predicate format of the form:
>>>
>>> @"self.ratioValue > %@.ratioValue"
>>>
>>> -- or whatever.
>>>
>>> The same category would be useful in KVC collection operations.
>>>
>>> Kirk Kerekes
>>> (iPhone)
>>
>> As a followup:
>>
>> I can make the lefExpression keypath "aspectRatio.ratioValue"
>>
>> But how would I make what the User enters in the Predicate Editor text field
>> pass through the ratioValue method?
>>
>> If I just change the leftExpression to "aspectRatio.ratioValue" that changes
>> one side of the comparison, but what the user has entered is still a string
>> like "4:3".

So I set it up like:

leftExpressions = [NSArray arrayWithObject:
[NSExpression expressionForKeyPath:@"aspectRatio.ratioValue"]];

NSPredicateEditorRowTemplate* template =
[[NSPredicateEditorRowTemplate alloc]
initWithLeftExpressions:leftExpressions
rightExpressionAttributeType:NSStringAttributeType
modifier:NSDirectPredicateModifier
operators:operators

It looks like it is only using the ratioValue on the left side so that I end
up comparing "1.333333" to "4:3"

T.