On 10 Jun 2014, at 11:47, Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org> wrote:

> I got this iOS project where I access the calendar - and I am
> completely baffled.
>
>    [store requestAccessToEntityType:EKEntityTypeEvent
> completion:^(BOOL granted, NSError *accessError) {
>        if (granted) {
>
>            NSString *calendarIdentifier = [[NSUserDefaults
> standardUserDefaults] valueForKey:kCalendarIdentifier];
>
>            EKCalendar *calendar;
>
>            NSLog(@"calendarIdentifier: %@", calendarIdentifier);
>
>            if (calendarIdentifier) {
>                calendar = [store calendarWithIdentifier:calendarIdentifier];
>            }
>
>            NSLog(@"calendar: %@", calendar);
>

> When running on the device I only see
>
>  calendarIdentifier: ...
>
> The next line never shows!
>
>  calendar: ...
>
> I don't see how that is even possible.
>
> So I try the debugger. The debugger should catch all exceptions and I
> set a breakpoint to step through. But when I step over
> "calendarWithIdentifier:" it just continues(!) the app and also never
> reaches the second log line!
>
> Whaaat!?
>
> Anyone a clue what could be going wrong here? ...or what else to try?

 You've set a *throw* breakpoint, not a *catch* breakpoint, right? Because in
this case the block is probably queued somewhere and there's nobody ever
catching the exception. Have you tried wrapping the block's contents in an
@try? The exception throw breakpoint *should* catch it, but maybe that helps
things?

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
http://www.zathras.de