On Sun, Jun 15, 2014, at 09:56 PM, Trygve Inda wrote:
> Someone suggested here:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20025868/cgdisplayioserviceport-is-deprec
> ated-in-os-x-10-9-how-to-replace?answertab=votes#tab-top
>
> that
>
> io_service_t service = IOServicePortFromCGDisplayID(displayID);
>
> Could be used to replace
>
> io_service_t service = CGDisplayIOServicePort(displayID);
>

> But it doesn't seem to be a defined function in IOKit.
>
> What headers to I have to import to make this work?

I can't seem to find it in any headers on my system, which means that
it's likely private API.

What do you need the IOServicePort for?

This GitHub comment provides the outline of a solution for getting
information about individual displays, which would seem to be more
verbose but safer than granting client apps access to the window
server's mach ports:
https://github.com/glfw/glfw/issues/165#issuecomment-30515700

--Kyle Sluder