Does anyone know how to do this? Whenever I try to invoke the clang compiler
from within my sandboxed application, I get an error message saying that the
compiler cannot be used from within the sandbox. I have permission to access
all of the necessary files, so Powerbox denying access to one of the resources
is not at issue.

Here’s the specific error message:

xcrun: error: cannot be used within an App Sandbox.

My application, as part of its features, contains a C code generator which
generates C code that my program then turns into an executable. I have the
com.apple.security.files.user-selected.executable permission in my entitlements
file… I’m not sure what the problem is. Ideally, I’d like my user to not have
to compile the code themselves, as they may not necessarily be tech-savvy
enough to do so.

Anyone have any ideas?

— SevenBits