On 21 Jun 2014, at 22:01, Scott Ribe <scott_r...@elevated-dev.com> wrote:
> On Jun 21, 2014, at 12:16 PM, Kyle Sluder <k...@ksluder.com> wrote:
>
>> And as far as I can remember, developers have _always_ been responsible for
>> setting up a backstop autoreleasepool.
>
> Never.

 On Mac, Scott is right. On iOS, this seems to be what Apple’s developers seem
to be arguing for, so Kyle’s recollection isn’t wrong. You also used to have to
create your own autorelease pool for threads. But there you often had a main
loop of some sort, so were able to periodically drain it through the loop.
That’s not really possible with UIApplicationMain().

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
“The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere...”
http://zathras.de