>On 11 Jul 2014, at 7:44 am, João Varela <joaocvar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Ithas been officially declared by Apple that cell-based NSOutlineView¹s
>>and
>>NSTableView's are deprecated.
>
>Would you care to point to where? I'm not arguing, but you wouldn't think
>so from the documentation. I see: "NSCell-based tables continue to be
>supported in OS X v10.7 and later, but they’re typically used only to
>support legacy code." That hints at deprecation at some stage, but I
>don't see that it has happened yet.

First of all my apologies for not having changed the subject of my first
email.

You can check that formal declaration in the WWDC 2014 video called
“What’s new in Cocoa”. Fast forward to 51:00 and you’ll see that formal
declaration. Everything that is NSCell- and NSMatrix-based is deprecated
or on its way to formal deprecation.

HTH

João Varela