iBeacons are useful as proximity detectors, but not much else. A few months
ago I did some extensive testing with the idea that I would use multiple
iBeacons to triangulate a user's position. After digging through the data
what I realized was the signals from the beacons were far too unpredictable
to be of much use for determining location. The user's "location" was
jumping all around the map even after significant filtering.

A common proximity scenario is to place beacons at the entrance and then
scatter a few more throughout your office in strategic locations. By
determining which beacons are visible you should be able to infer if the
user is inside the office and get an idea about which area they are closest
to. If no beacons are visible (for more than a few seconds) you can
reasonably assume the user has left.