I think there is a limit of 20 iBeacons that you could range for. Android can
see them all but iPhone limits you.

-----Original Message-----
From: cocoa-dev-bounces+jim.adams=sas....@lists.apple.com
[mailto:cocoa-dev-bounces+jim.adams=sas....@lists.apple.com] On Behalf Of David
Hoerl
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 3:34 PM
To: Cocoa
Subject: iBeacons - can 100 different devices be active and seen by one device?

I was talking to someone about an idea of giving everyone at a gathering
- say 100 people - iBeacon pendants. An app would have a translation of
everyone there along with their beacon ID, and show the 10 closest people to
any given iOS device..

Would iOS be capabile of detecting 100 or so active devices? Or would this
swamp the OS resulting in sporatic results?

This is obviously somewhat difficult to test without first purchasing
100 devices...

David

This email sent to jim.ad...@sas.com