I have a problem which I can't find anyone else asking after hours of searches
through stackexchange and the like.

In a UIView, I'm rotating a subview with a Gesture recognizer that calls this
selector:

- (IBAction)rotateShape:(UIRotationGestureRecognizer *)gesture {
    gesture.view.transform = CGAffineTransformMakeRotation(gesture.rotation);
}

The rotation performs as expected and all is right with the world. However, as
soon as I attempt to touch or move the rotated subview again (it also has a pan
gesture), it reverts to its original orientation.

It seems the original transform values are still being retained and held by the
object or by the drawing context (I'm still not quite comfortable with all the
graphics theory; indeed, this is my first attempt at trying to unlock its
mysteries). What else do I need to do to ensure the new rotated, orientation
"sticks" so that I can move the shape without it reverting to the original
orientation?

Thanks for any help.

Phil