I'm writing an iOS program that stores data in a text file (UTF-8) that
contains custom tags which are only meaningful to my app.  Loading the files,
and doing useful work with them is not a problem - but I would like these files
to be sharable, so that one user can send his data files to another user (via
email) and so forth.  To this end, I would like users to be able to tap on the
file in mail, for example, and have it open in my app.  For some reason, I
can't get this to work.

My guess is that the problem isn't with the code, I suspect that the problem is
with the info plist.  My info plist has been set up as follows (I've extracted
the relevant sections, rather than pasting the whole lot):

        <key>CFBundleDocumentTypes</key>
        <array>
                <dict>
                        <key>CFBundleTypeIconFiles</key>
                        <array>
                                <string>sddDataDoc.png</string>
                        </array>
                        <key>CFBundleTypeName</key>
                        <string>Harvert Space Delimited</string>
                        <key>CFBundleTypeRole</key>
                        <string>Viewer</string>
                        <key>LSHandlerRank</key>
                        <string>Owner</string>
                        <key>LSItemContentTypes</key>
                        <array>
                                <string>com.pax.harvert.sdddata</string>
                        </array>
                </dict>
                <dict>
                        <key>CFBundleTypeIconFiles</key>
                        <array>
                                <string>csvDataDoc.png</string>
                        </array>
                        <key>CFBundleTypeName</key>
                        <string>Harvert Plist</string>
                        <key>CFBundleTypeRole</key>
                        <string>Viewer</string>
                        <key>LSHandlerRank</key>
                        <string>Owner</string>
                        <key>LSItemContentTypes</key>
                        <array>
                                <string>com.pax.harvert.plistdata</string>
                        </array>
                </dict>
        </array>

and

        <key>UTExportedTypeDeclarations</key>
        <array>
                <dict>
                        <key>UTTagTypeSpecification</key>
                        <dict>
                                <key>public.filename-extension</key>
                                <array>
                                        <string>sdd</string>
                                         <string>SDD</string>
                                </array>
                                <key>public.mime-type</key>
                                 <string>text/plain</string>
                        </dict>
                        <key>UTTypeConformsTo</key>
                        <array>
                                <string>public.text</string>
                        </array>
                        <key>UTTypeDescription</key>
                        <string>Harvert Space Delimited File</string>
                        <key>UTTypeIdentifier</key>
                        <string>com.pax.harvert.sdddata</string>
                        <key>UTTypeSize320IconFile</key>
                        <string>sddDocLrg</string>
                        <key>UTTypeSize64IconFile</key>
                        <string>sddDocSml</string>
                </dict>
                <dict>
                        <key>UTTagTypeSpecification</key>
                        <dict>
                                <key>public.filename-extension</key>
                                <array>
                                        <string>hpd</string>
                                        <string>HPD</string>
                                </array>
                                <key>public.mime-type</key>
                                <string>text/plain</string>
                        </dict>
                        <key>UTTypeConformsTo</key>
                        <array>
                                <string>public.text</string>
                        </array>
                        <key>UTTypeDescription</key>
                        <string>Harvert Plist Data File</string>
                        <key>UTTypeIdentifier</key>
                        <string>com.pax.harvert.plistdata</string>
                        <key>UTTypeSize320IconFile</key>
                        <string>hpdDocLrg</string>
                        <key>UTTypeSize64IconFile</key>
                        <string>hpdDocSml</string>
                </dict>
        </array>

Clearly I've missed a step - but what? Thank you for any help that you can
provide.