I’m thinking of implementing the (optimized) zoom green button.  I need to
provide a windowWillUseStandardFrame:defaultFrame: method to do that.  I’ve
read that the trial frame space given takes out room for the menu bar and the
dock.  Does it also remove space for the window’s chrome?  That chrome is
currently 20 pts on top, but I think it’s been different in the past, including
side and bottom borders.  If not, is there an official method to find out
either the window’s chrome space or user-customizable space?

For my app, the user-customizable space is the official NSToolbar, a custom top
border, a custom bottom border, and a WebView between the two borders.  All but
the WebView may be arbitrarily turned off.  I guess I use the current state of
those three areas to subtract from the total vertical space to see how much
vertical room the WebView can have.

How can the optimized space for a WebView be determined?  (In other words,
given an infinite screen size, how much space would a WebView need to show the
entirety of its current page?)  I read that you need some difficult internal
calculation with JavaScript; I hope not.

—
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie
darylew AT mac DOT com