On Sep 9, 2014, at 04:16 , Charles Jenkins <cejw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, if there is a space between the underscore and the name, Xcode
> presents a warning saying it’s extraneous. I cut and pasted the original
> prototypes from the documentation in order to avoid typos, and Xcode
> immediately displayed warning messages. Removing the space made Xcode happy.

Actually, I was wrong. Because the protocol has the underscore (followed by a
space to separate it from the parameter name), it doesn’t matter what you use
for your parameter name in your declaration — _outlineView, outlineView and xxx
would all have been fine.

However, your solution to the problem (the warning message, that is) was pretty
lousy. It wasn’t the space that was extraneous, it was the underscore, and the
natural solution would be to remove the underscore. (That is, unless you *like*
having variable name start with an underscore.)

Back to the original problem, assuming you haven’t already found what’s wrong:

You need to approach this systematically. Is the method called at all? Does
‘getDocumentNodeFrom’ return a non-nil value? What is the actual value of the
‘title’ property?