Thanks for the help.  So I have double-checked and the info in question that is
not sticking is NSString/NSData being written:

[[NSUserDefaults standardUserDefaults] setObject:stringObject
forKey:@“MyStringKey”];
[[NSUserDefaults standardUserDefaults] setObject:dataObject
forKey:@“MyDataKey”];

Then being read:

NSString *myStringObject = [[NSUserDefaults standardUserDefaults]
stringForKey:@“MyStringKey"];
NSData *myDataObject = [[NSUserDefaults standardUserDefaults]
dataForKey:@“MyDataKey”];

I am not manipulating my .plist in any other way only using NSUserDefaults.  I
am aware of the caching issues that started in Mavericks, but if we can’t
read/write using NSUserDefaults how else can we do it?  Also, when I say not
sticking this could be from day to day so I would expect the cache to be
updated in that amount of time.  What else can I do here or what am I doing
wrong???