Hi all,

I feel this should be a very simple question, but I am struggling with it - the
tutorials and online info I can find is either 5 years out of date or seem to
imply that I am doing everything right!

In my code I have an NSMutableArray of “message” objects, each with a number of
properties defined on them. In the GUI this is wired up to a table view, via an
NSArrayController. That all seems to work fine, and the object properties are
listed in the table[*].

Underneath the table I want to display some more detailed information about the
currently-selected object in the table. I would have thought that I could do
this just by binding the relevant NSTextField to
MessageArray.selection.myExtendedInformationProperty. This works up to a point,
in that I do see text appearing in the text field. However it does not update
when the selection in the table view changes, which is what I had intended to
happen.

This is basically what happens on p18 of this tutorial
(http://web.stanford.edu/class/cs193e/Downloads/CocoaBindingsTutorial.pdf), and
(although it’s referring to a much older version of IB) I think I have done
what they do.

Can anyone suggest what I may have omitted to do here, or why my approach is
wrong? Thanks for any advice.
Cheers
Jonny.

[*] One slight glitch - if I add an object to the NSMutableArray then it does
not immediately show up in the table, I have to call will/didChangeValueForKey
on the property that returns the array. I don’t know if that is expected
behaviour (maybe I should be adding via the array controller somehow?). This is
not a problem, but I mention it for completeness, just in case it’s indicative
of something funny that is going on that I don’t fully appreciate.