> On 24 Sep 2014, at 3:31 pm, Rick C. <rickcort...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?  Because there are some apps
> out there that seem like they are doing this but I can’t find any api.
> Thanks!
>
> rc

No there's none. Not the kind of access to the device which Apple allows or
ever would allow. eg your app turns on DnD mode and the user misses the final
call from their dying mother because the phone is muted, they worry about that
sort of thing.

What apps do you think do this? Either they don't or they are using private
APIs and we get to report them to Apple for it!