> On 2014 Sep 28, at 22:06, Kyle Sluder <k...@ksluder.com> wrote:
>
> Do you have a cycle in your nextResponder chain? Remember than
> NSViewController now inserts itself into the responder chain on 10.10.

YES!  That explains all of the forwardMethod() madness.  My subclass of
NSViewController, which I use for all of the tab views in this window, had
inserted itself into the responder chain in -awakeFromNib: like this

[self setNextResponder:[[self windowController] nextResponder]] ;
[[self windowController] setNextResponder:self] ;

I deleted those two lines, rebuilt, and now the app works.

Thank you for the best Monday morning I can remember, Kyle :)

Well, I should probably still figure out why I needed that responder-chain
insertion so I can re-test.  As usual, I can never find the AppKit Release
Notes when I want them.