Thank you, Kyle. :-) I’ll study the bit about using a custom pasteboard type.

On another strange note, I followed the quick start program in the Collection
View Programming Guide last night, using Swift, and it up and worked! I really
stressed over finding the syntax for the four KVO methods, but in the end I
discarded the accessors (setPersonModelArray: and personModelArray:) because I
figured the compiler would know to map them both to my var personModelArray,
and just took my best shot at translating the other two method signatures. It’s
not fully tested yet, but the window does populate with my sample data. I’m
shocked that wasn’t more of a battle!

I did consult references to find that a property like personModelArray must be
marked with the dynamic keyword for KVO to work.

--

Charles