On 5 Oct 2014, at 15:36, Keary Suska <cocoa-...@esoteritech.com> wrote:

> I am trying to prevent a quit in a document-based app when data in a document
> is invalid. AFAICT when auto save is turned on none of the normal document
> closing methods are called, and when the app delegate is called,
> NSDocumentController shows no existing documents. It might also have to do
> with the "Ask to keep changes" preference. Has anyone figured out how to trap
> closing to prevent saving possibly invalid data?

In my own document app I have continuously updating bindings and validations
that must be run between numerous fields.
Auto saving doesn’t really work in a situation like this unless you also
persist the fact that a portion of the data is currently invalid and can
configure the app to handle this when loading documents - all of which sounds
ghastly.

In my case I keep autosaving off.