Well, I was imprecise. I didn’t literally mean the text view would directly
change the table view. Right now the text container and text view adjust
automatically to fit the text, but my code isn’t told about any changes, so I
have no opportunity to do anything to change the table view.

But once again I think you might have said the magic word, and this time it is
“notification.” Tonight I’ll do research on notifications. I see NSView offers
NSBoundsDidChangeNotification and NSFrameDidChangeNotification. If, as I
assume, NSTextView is a subclass of NSView, maybe I can make my Subdocument
register to receive such notifications from their text views, which would give
me the final piece of the puzzle.

--

Charles