Hi Howard,

I tried to capture some of my interpretation of apple's documentation about ARC
into a blog post which you might find useful. Note also the links to 2 other
blog posts which I would recommend.

http://blog.yvs.eu.com/2013/04/learning-arc/

I did a followup blog post, but it is mostly a description of my experiments
and their results to determining when objects end up in the autorelease pool so
that they are kept alive when you think you have no more strong links to them.

http://blog.yvs.eu.com/2013/05/experimental-arc/

I hope you find these helpful.

Kevin